Whether you are a serious ping pong player or an occasional player, the ping pong table will get dirty and needs regular cleaning to prolong its lifespan. Cleaning a ping pong table isn’t difficult when you know how to do the job and what products to use to protect the playing surface. This article provides information on how to clean a ping pong table properly.
Why Should You Clean A Table Tennis Table?
Many people clean a table tennis table to improve its aesthetics. But there are many other reasons to clean a table tennis table other than improving its looks. For example, a dirty table impedes gameplay. When there are stains, spills, dust, and dirt on the playing surface, the ping pong ball doesn’t bounce as it should. This makes it difficult for the players (learn how to play ping pong better). It affects the consistency of the game. On the other hand, when you play on a dirty or dusty table, the dirt and dust on the table transfer onto the paddles with every bounce. Dust and dirt can affect the tackiness of the paddle making it hard to play the game.
Cleaning the table regularly helps increase its lifespan. It helps preserve the life and value (see how much a ping pong table costs) of the table for many years to come. In case you decide to sell the ping pong table after some time, your table will fetch a better price since it is clean and well-maintained. That is why you need to clean the ping pong table regularly.
How Often Should You Clean A Ping Pong Table?
How often you need to clean the ping pong table depends on how often you use it and where you store the table. If the table is stored in a dusty environment, you should clean it at least once every week. If not, you may clean the table once in a fortnight or once a month depending on how often you play the game.
How To Clean The Table?
Here is how you need to clean a ping pong table:
1. The first step is to remove the net.
2. Use a clean dry cloth and wipe the entire surface of the table. This will help remove dust and debris from the playing surface.
3. A vinegar solution is the best to clean the ping pong table. Use two parts of lukewarm water and one part of vinegar to prepare the solution. It will help remove dirt and debris from the table without damaging its natural texture. Use a microfiber cloth to clean the table with the vinegar solution. First, mist the surface of the ping pong table with the vinegar solution and wipe it down.
4. If the table is too dirty, you should wipe it down once more for better results. Don’t forget to lubricate all the moving and metal parts of the frame.
5. Cleaning the net is an important part of cleaning a ping pong table. You should use a vinegar solution to clean the net. Use one part of vinegar and five parts of water to make the cleaning solution. Dilute the fabric part of the net in this solution for about five minutes. But you shouldn’t dilute the vertical supports and attachments on the ends in the vinegar solution. When the net is soaked enough in the vinegar solution, remove and rinse with water. Leave the net to dry for about thirty minutes before using it again.
What To Avoid When Cleaning The Table?
Don’t make these mistakes when cleaning your ping pong table:
– Don’t apply too much pressure on the surface of the table when removing pesky stains and dirt from the table. Too much pressure can damage the texture of the table.
– A ping pong table should have a matte finish. It helps maintain control of the ball when playing the game. Using too much moisture to clean the table isn’t a good thing. The table absorbs moisture, and the texture and consistency of the table can get damaged. Leave the table out to dry after cleaning.
Whether you are a serious ping pong player or an occasional player, you should regularly clean the ping pong table. Keeping a well-maintained ping pong table will ensure your games are smooth without the problems commonly associated with a dirty table. Cleaning your table doesn’t take much time, as long as you are doing it consistently. So, maintain your table tennis table on a regular schedule and you won’t have to worry about some unforeseen issues that could pop up.